You'll be seeing lots of birthday celebration pictures posted here for the next little while. We have 4 birthdays from May 13th to June 11th. If you come to our front door you'll probably see some birthday cake crumbs on the floor, streamers hanging from the ceiling, balloons in various stages of inflation and 7 Boca's lying around in sugar comas.......
The kids really like to help make their birthday cakes. (I think it's mostly about cleaning up afterwards......)
Mason chose a Treasure chest cake this year.
We found it in Family Fun magazine. I was a little worried at first but it was actually one of the easiest cakes I've ever done yet one of the most impressive to the kids. Mason went shopping with Mark and I last week to pick out the "treasures"

We made the cake Wednesday night and set it in the center of the table surrounded by his presents to await his Birthday dinner the next night. When I got home from Jacob's Carpool on Thursday I found it surrounded by an army of plastic protectors.
He was taking no chances!

His birthday dinner was spaghetti tacos once again...
It hasn't graced our table since his last birthday. I don't make it unless I'm under birthday dinner duress.
Whatcha' gonna do?

and then finally-
The big wish moment for my wish-obsessed kid....





8 comments:
Happy Birthday Mason! and future birthday kids!
That cake looks awesome, Jamie! I get to start getting creative this year. I may call you for help in a few months!
That is a cool cake! That's funny you have so many birthday's at one time. We have ours in September when we will have 3 in one week (with this baby). Crazy crazy times, and so much fun! I may have to call on you to help with a cake for Justin next month- who is the only one lucky enough to have a birthday alone!
Happy Birthday Mason! Jamie, I can't believe he's your baby! That cake is awesome.
I am dying to know what he wished for? Maybe he isn't telling. Happy Birthday Mason! Jamie, I hope you survive the other birthdays to come! I look forward to seeing all your great cakes. :>
Mason's wish:
1,000 more wishes. It's foolproof Mason! Just make sure that you wish for more wishes periodically, so that you never run out.
Seriously... if I'd have been in the Monkey's Paw, I'd have staightway wished for 1,000 wishes, then when stuff starts going bad you can say things like, "I wish my son never got mangled by the machinery." to fix any problems that your wish caused. Like I said, FOOLPROOF!
That is a cool cake!!! And what a sweet plate the birthday kid gets to use!!! ;) You're such a cool Mom and I love Carly's hair as well!!! Nice way to let her celebrate!!! You really are amazing!!! I wanna be like you when I get big!!!
What a cool cake! Fun! Happy Birthday Mason.
That cake! I love it. Dare I show it to my kids though. They'll expect it for sure.
Post a Comment