Sunday, September 28, 2008

Christmas in September

Last saturday was Super saturday. Super-crafty- female-bonding- laughing-someone else cooks me a fabulous lunch- saturday.  

When I was enrichment leader a couple of years ago and in charge of super saturday,  I was floored by how much work it was to organize and prepare for.  About 2 days before the event, I and my hardworking-kindred-spirit co-organizer Judy decided it was TOO much work and next year???? Fuhget about it!   The day came.  We watched everyone enjoy creating their projects.  We watched their smiling faces as they laughed and talked with one another and we were instantly transformed.  "Of Course we'll do this again next year!!!!  Look how much fun everyone had.    OH... It wasn't really all THAT bad was it?"  

I wasn't' in charge this year.  It was nice to just go and enjoy my projects and not be in charge. Judy, my wonderful friend, is STILL in charge and I want to say thank you to her and all the other women who organized and pulled it off so I could go have an enjoyable saturday by myself.  The Relief Society presidency made us lunch.  They recreated Cafe Rio salads.  YUMMY! It was so good.  I made 3 projects and here is one of them.  I actually didn't sign up for this one but it was so cute when I got there and Candace (who supervised & prepared this project) had made a couple extra just in case..... Thanks Candace.  

I love advent "countdown" christmas decorations.  I already have a couple of them and there's one Target has carried the last couple of years and I have decided this year I WILL have it.  That's why I didn't sign up for this one but Candace said she'd like to collect enough to have one for each of her children.  I thought that was a fabulous idea so I signed up right then for her extra one.  

It's made out of a 24 count mini muffin tin.  There is a little decorated cardstock square with magnets on the back that cover each muffincup.  You can put a little card with a scripture or title of a Christmas story to read or a little treat behind the number in the cup.     

Isn't it fun!!!


 This picture is for you Judy.  She gave me a little bamboo plant after the super saturday we put on together as a gift of Thanks for all my hard work.   I just wanted you to see how big it's gotten.  I love it.  Thank you for all you did.  I know it was overwhelming and you do it every year out of pure love for the sisters of our ward.  You are Beautiful!

3 comments:

Answer to Many said...

Super Saturday was fun! And they all did a wonderful job!

Candy said...

hehehe I stole the pics to put on my blog :)

Judy said...

Jamie, you are a sweetheart! Thank you. :-) It made me really happy to see everyone enjoy the day and I enjoyed it too. I can't tell you how delighted I am to see how much that bamboo has grown! WOW! It must be very, very happy at your house. Love ya!