Move over Sharpay! Get out of the way Troy! We've got our own stars in this house!
The play: Hansel and Gretyl
Carly: The abusive mother who sends her children off into the woods...
Carly is a bit disappointed in this part. She REALLY REALLY wanted to be the witch because it sounded like lots of fun to be wicked! Her 2nd choice was the dew princess because she gets to wear a fancy dress. The drama teacher had her read several times for both of those and Carly thought the witch was a bit out of her league but really thought she might get the dew princess. When she called me this morning to tell me her part she was genuinely happy, however, because the girl that got the "dew princess" part has tried out for all the plays and either not made it or got very minor parts yet Carly said she is really good. This girl's family had a tragedy this summer, her mom was killed in a car accident. Carly is happy her friend will have a chance to have a good part in this play and maybe get away from some of the pain associated with losing her mom.
Rachel: A gingerbread cookie/village child (There is a witch turning village children into gingerbread cookies that she can EAT!!)
Rachel is thrilled to just be part of the play. I don't think there are too many 7th graders in it so she's "just happy to be there". I know she'll be a great addition. It will be fun for the girls to do this together.
The next couple months will be busier and the girls will likely be staying after school til 5ish Tuesday-Friday. It gets a little stressful staying on top of homework but we can do it. It will be fun. As soon as I have play dates I'll post them. Of course one and all are invited to attend.
4 comments:
Whooooooooo Hoooooooo! Good for both of you, you're so brave.
I know you'll both be great!
Good for them! They will do wonderful!
That is SO exciting!!
Of course, now I have to find a different babysitter for the afternoon appointments I was about to set up. Dang!
When will it be over? Maybe I'll wait a while longer.
They had their first cast meeting today and the play will be either the 2nd or 3rd week of november. Carly has decided that she is THRILLED about her part because the "mother" has a MUCH bigger part than the dew princess and EVEN sings her own verse of a song with the "father". Plus her Play husband is rather cute.... and he has to put his arm around her to comfort her when they can't find Hansel and Gretyl. :)
Post a Comment