Monday, September 15, 2008

That's nice.....

Mark accidentally messed up his computer the other day.  It was a stressful day.  Thank goodness he has the applecare plan with tech support.  He spent ALL day trying to figure out and resolve the problems and restore his computer to proper working order.  He would be on the phone for a long time then work on what they told him, then be on the phone for a long time, then work on what they told him... (repeat sentence 10 more x's and you might have an adequate picture of his day)  

He is so tenacious about focusing on getting a problem solved.  I know myself.  I would spend so much energy ignoring, being annoyed by and trying to work around the problem rather than facing it head on like he does.  He is my inspiration.  He remained fairly patient throughout the day too.  A bonus I wasn't expecting.

When it was all over and he told me he had fixed it I said......

"That's nice"

He looked at me incredulously, raised his eyebrows and countered,

"Nice?!   Nice is having a piece of toast with some real butter on it.  That's nice.
This is incredible!!!!!"

There you have it.  Now you know.  

Toast with REAL butter is NICE.
A working computer, resolved problems,  the universe once again in perfect balance.... That's INCREDIBLE!!

What do you think is nice?

9 comments:

Candy said...

What is nice is finding a fun blog... what is even nicer is that it is a friends blog! I am so happy that I get to read about your family, atleast if you don't mind. I mean we are nearly family anyway... well maybe in about 20years. LOL I am sorry we give Racheal such a bad time... I am sure she is sick of it.

Jamie said...

For all 3 of my other readers.....
:)
Candace's little boy, Cameron who is a SUNBEAM (age 4), has quite the crush on my 12 year old Rachel. Before Rachel turned 12 and was still attending primary, she would help the sunbeam class during sharing/singing time. Cameron was usually sitting on her lap. He recently announced to his parents that he wants to marry Rachel, have 11 children and live with his grandma sherri. He's always on the lookout for her and at pack meeting when he saw me standing around he nudged his dad and said, There's Rachel's mom, go find out where Rachel is. He is SERIOUS!!!

Christy said...

Frozen yogurt is nice. Having your family arround is Incredible. Congradulations on Rachel's catch. Does it make her a "cougar" if she's only 12? Maybe she needs to give Maury some pointers on the "man plan". Love ya!

Matthew said...

Good choice. Women outlive their men by about that many years anyway, so this way they can grow old and die at about the same time together.

And to answer your question, nice is getting the kids to bed on time and having a little time to read before bed.

Answer to Many said...

See this is the 4th comment that means you have more than 3 people that read your blog. And who wouldn't love Rachel.

The Jones :) said...

HI...I read your blog too!! I just don't comment much...but I found you!!! ha Ha ha :) Anyways...I think having a family is nice...but having a husband and son who love you NO MATTER WHAT and will do anything for you...that's incredible!! On a day like Mark's though...it probably was incredible!!
-Becki :)

Emily said...

Nice is finding a good babysitter so you can go out with your husband every once in a while.

Regular childcare at a trusted friend's home so that you can work is incredible.

Staying at home would be out of this world!

Amy Sorensen said...

OK, that's cool. I made six pieces of toast today, with REAL butter. Two also had cinammon. It is nice to know that I am nice!!! THANKS again for helping out yesterday, I appreciate it so much! When Kaleb woke up this morning, the first thing he said was "I go to Mason's house today?" LOL. Apparently he had a great time!!!

Wendy said...

I had a LOL moment when I read this! And my, you have got some fans in the ward! :)