Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The leprechaun plan: still on the drawing board



At the store in the evil checkout lane where gum and candy abound at child eye-level:

Mason: ooohhh look a new kind of skittles
Me: no
Samantha: ohhhh tic tacs! I love tic tacs! *shake- shake- shake*
Me: no
Jacob: Ohhh! look a 2 foot long pepperoni stick!
Me: ugghh and NO!
Mason: Ohhhhh look... my favorite gum
Me: no

Mason: oh yeah!!! If I catch a leprechaun I am going to wish for all the gum and candy in the whole entire world!!! and you can't stop me! Ha! *insert: evil grin and rubbing palms together *

Me: If you catch a leprechaun you MAY have all the gum and candy in the whole entire world. No problem. I won't even try to stop you. *insert sigh of relief I can finally say yes!*

Another day, Another leprechaun plan:
Mason: Mom, if I catch a leprechaun I changed my mind what I am going to wish for. I am not going to wish for a thousand million bucks, I am going to wish for #1. to transform into all the Bakugons and have their powers #2 to be able to turn into any of the transformers and #3 have all the superhero powers in the universe



so he's been thinking... money isn't everything.... POWER is everything.

he continues...




so then if you asked me to get the mail and I went to the mailbox and a bad guy shows up and tries to steal me I would say "DARTH VADER POWER" and then I would be like "It's Choking time!" (He simulates raising his hand and with it he raises a pretend choking bad guy into the air)




hmmm... should I be worried?

I also found him poking into the wall in his room with a tack. There was a little hole there (There are ALOT of little holes in that room) and he is digging around, chipping off drywall making it bigger.
I say, "what are you doing?" and he informs me "this is just the kind of hole a leprechaun would live in and I'm trying to catch one. I think I could stab his jacket with this tack and then I would have him. I think I almost got him!"


LEPRECHAUNS BEWARE. THIS BOY IS NOT GIVING UP UNTIL YOU ARE HIS!
He is determined.
He is devious.
He is 5.

7 comments:

Maursupial said...

He is delightful and delicious as well. I LOVE that Mason. Love love love him. I also love that he hasn't forgotten about leprechauns in the month since St. Patrick's Day.

The Jones :) said...

That is too funny!! He's got quite the imagination!!! I love the tack story...will be interesting to see how big that hole gets huh!! :) Good luck with that!!

Julie said...

Oh my gosh! That picture of him standing on the counter in his spiderman costume reminds me totally of Parker when he was little. Parker used to do all kinds of stuff that Mason does. He is way cute

Judy said...

AND this boy is ENDLESSLY entertaining! So glad you are sharing him with us. Mason, if I see a leprechaun I will make sure I hold him fast with a wall tack. I have a lot of them around. And then I'll call YOU!

Wendy said...

Tell him not to forget to wish for a huge engagement ring. At the rate Ayden is going, I think she's going to want a boulder.

Jamie said...

you see he doesn't have to wish for a diamond ring because as you'll recall he's wishing for every known superpower so he can be like "superman power" and crush a useless piece of coal into a stunning diamond for his little honey!

Amanda said...

He is sooo funny! I love it.