Surgery was quick. It went well. When the Dr. came to see me after surgery he said "that was a very sick gall bladder!"
Mark asked them if he could bring his gall bladder home. (gross!) That request was denied. He asked to at least see it. They were fairly evasive with lots of "well it would be hard, you see it has to go to pathology, you'll have to talk to the O.R. nurse and your post-op nurse about it and if this and that go right ... maybe..
Mark was persistent. Finally as he was groggily recovering they brought it in a ziploc bag. It was smaller than I thought it would be for all the trouble we've been through over it. It was also very ugly. uggh. Our nurse told him it should be soft and squishy and said she could feel lots of stones. Mark said it was hard throughout. I chose not to touch.
We checked in at 8:30, they wheeled him off at 9:30, the Dr. came to tell me it was all over at 10:30 and at 11:00 I was with him in recovery. We were home by 3:00 and I couldn't' believe it. Mark tends to do things in a big way. With his same day hernia surgery a few years ago he ended up being admitted for 3 days. In an unfortunate fall during a young men's soccer match, he had to break both elbows, one just wasn't good enough. He passed out and ended up in the hospital all night giving blood at an elder's quorum activity the first year we were married. See the pattern? Do you understand my surprise? I packed a BIG backpack full of reading material, snacks, a notebook, my ipod. I was planning a long day. I couldn't believe it only lasted a few hours. I think I only got through one chapter of my new library book. I am very grateful.
Thank you for all your prayers and good wishes.
They worked.
7 comments:
I am so glad that he is okay. We love you guys! You have always been nothing but the best to us.
Glad it went smoothly and he is recuperating well! I hope there are no extra complications and he is healthy from here on out!
Mark WOULD want to bring it home! Yuck! I am glad that everything went well. Maybe now you can come visit me! ha ha ha
We are glad to hear the surgery went well. I hope the recovery goes as smoothly, for your sake and his.:) Can we help? Sam sort of made the snowman in our yard, but he had a lot of help. :)
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? No picture of Mark holding his gallbladder? What's going on here?
We're thankful he's now a non-gallbladder person. we love you. Mom
It may say David and Jena but it's me!
We were SOOOOOO disappointed he didn't come home teaching today. (and he sounded so perky on the phone yesterday!) We're praying for him and your family! Let me know if you need anything.
Oh man oh man you guys! Ear infections, erasers in ears, fevers, and that Galbadder! Holy Spmokes. I couldn't believe it when Donna told me all that's goiong on with finally getting a right diagonsis. I hope things can only go up from here. You deserve it!
Post a Comment