Tuesday, March 16, 2010

If wishes were fishes....


I saw this idea for a "Leprechaun trap" in Family fun. It didn't' take much to get Mason on board. He has been revising his 3 wishes all year.
On Sunday afternoon we measured and cut and pasted to cover an old oatmeal box with green paper and shamrocks. Then we collected sticks from outside to make a ladder to lure the sneaky green men to our false topped hat. Leprechauns are notorious for being mischievious and doing exactly what they're not supposed to do so we made a sign telling them "Don't climb the ladder!"
We needed some bait to lure the Leprechaun to our false topped hat...
We made some "fool's gold" so on Monday, Mason collected some small rocks. He washed them and we painted them gold. Tuesday we painted them with a watered down glue solution and sprinkled them with gold glitter. Last night we set it out on the table and went to bed.................


This morning it was obvious Leprechauns had come to visit us once again. The milk in the fridge was green! The water in our toilets was green!

When Mason checked his trap the top was sunken in and it was full of green and gold candies!

And a note saying "Nice Try! HE HE.."

Chocolate is a meager substitute for
wish #1: I could turn into a fire/hot lava creature
Wish #2: I could turn into a little small creature that that has lots of spikes and can yell like a dinosaur and I could run really fast
Wish #3: The power that I can disappear to other places, I look at where I want to be, I close my eyes and snap my fingers and I am where I wanted to be

but it is Yummy!








9 comments:

Christy said...

Love it!!!! I think my 3 wishes would be a little different, but I love the thought that went into this list. Great job Mason.

Wendy said...

So funny! You are amazing.

Wendy said...

You ROCK. Really.

I'm going to do the toilet water before dh comes home.

Matthew said...

When I read the three wishes, it is as if Mason has read my mind.

Jennifer said...

Jamie- you inspire me, I wish that I had enough oomph to do things like you do... My kids only get special things like that if it is on a Saturday or Sunday if and only if we have afternoon church.
I did make leprachaun hats with my 2nd graders.

Amanda said...

You are so much fun!!

Julie said...

Great idea! I bet no one drank the milk and I never thought of turning the toilet water green. Next year I will. I made green scrambled eggs tho. After they left for school I noticed every plate still had some eggs on them. They seem to think the green color makes them taste really bad. I just said close your eyes and eat them.

Jamie said...

yes.. they shy away from the green milk. Mason says it has leprechaun germs. oh man. I made sure it was a gallon less than half full when I did it. I made a smoothie with it this morning and the frozen berries made it unrecognizable, no green to be seen in the smoothie, thank goodness.

The Gubler Family said...

You are the best mom in the whole wide world. I hope I am a mom like you someday. I forgot to even wear green this year. I reminded all my kids to, but then I forgot to put some on. I usually turn the milk green also, but I totally spaced it this year. Maybe I will do it tomorrow and tell the kids we accidentally set out clocks back a few days instead of forward an hour and the leprechauns got confussed.