Vanilla pudding
(I started out doubling this and it wasn't working. I suggest you don't double it... I split it up into two pans and it worked out. )
1/3 C sugar
2 T cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt
2 C milk
2 large egg yolks, slightly beaten
2 T butter or margarine, softened
2 tsp vanilla
1. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt in 2 qt saucepan. gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. (This takes a while)
2. Gradually stir at least half of hot mixture into egg yolks, then stir back into pan. Boil and stir one minute. Remove from heat. STir in butter and vanilla.
3. Pour pudding into dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled.
Makes 4 servings
4 comments:
Fabulous!! Thanks. Hmmm, what can we have with pudding? I am sure I can think of something. ;)
I've made this too. & eaten the whole bowl in one day.
Jamie you are awesome! Thanks
gross.
I mean, you know I love you, right? And I have absolute faith in your ability to make delicious-to-other-people pudding. But I do not love pudding. The only way I can eat pudding is if it is HOT pudding, and then only about two spoonfuls, and then I can't help it: I gag. That you-can't-chew-it-but-it's-not-quite-liquid texture does me in.
And yeah. I have NO IDEA where my picky children came from.
;)
Post a Comment