For Family Home Evening on Monday
I was inspired by Bakerella's Halloween cookies
and decided to make some too, with a little help from the kids.
Of course I made a few changes.....
I used the cake mix cookie recipe for my cookie.
1 chocolate fudge cake mix
2/3 C shortening
2 eggs
mix well, form into balls, approx 1-2 inches in diameter
I found if you left them in balls they were quite crackled across the top but if I
smooshed the balls down a bit they had a smoother top. Your choice.
I liked them smooshed...
bake at 350 for 9-12 minutes
I made the chocolate syrup chocolate frosting from the cupcake doctor
(That frosting is a dessert by itself.)
and regular buttercream frosting
we tinted some orange, some green and we
got out our halloween sprinkles
and decorated
our little hearts out
Carly and Jacob did pretty well at making the spiderwebs and spiders.
We didn't use Trix like Bakerella, just made our spiders all out of frosting.
They practiced their spiders on some extra cardboard before piping them on their cupcakes. I was proud of their accomplishments. So proud, in fact, that we ate them all before we got a final photo of our beautiful spiderwebs on a plate... oops!
Here's my best picture of our spiderweb cookies
You don't see any pictures of Rachel decorating because she was sick that day. We wouldn't let her near the kitchen. She had a fever of 102 all day Sunday and Monday. She got so mad at me for making her stay home Tuesday as well to continue recuperating. "I am going to miss play practice and I FEEL FINE!!!!" she exclaimed, right after she blew her nose and right before she coughed....
I can be soo overprotective sometimes!
4 comments:
I loved it! What a fun FHE! I wish I lived as your neighbor still... there would have been a good chance I could taste em! ha ha Great Job on the spider webs!
Jamie,
that looks like a lot of fun. I also enjoyed your Lucy Coxesque take on making "Bakerella's Halloween Cookies" in which you made neither the cookies nor the frosting. I love you!!!
Word Verification: Monch
What you and your kids did with all of those yummy cookies.
I like the spider web patterns. I think I might have to try those!
I love the feet on the kitchen counter. I also loved your Lucy/Jamie alterations to the recipe.
Post a Comment