This child shall remain nameless to protect their dignity...
just falling asleep, too late, of course and I hear the dreaded words;
uh.... Mom, I think I just had an accident. Way better than the "uh... Mom, I'm puking" sentence though. I count my blessings.
I got the unnamed child in the bath tub, took the bedding down to the washer, back upstairs to help dry off and make a new bed on the floor.
Out of bed 15 minutes tops. Not too bad.
Then just as I'm drifting off came that thunder last night. Was that incredible or what?
That was the LOUDEST crack of thunder ever and then it sounded like the cloud was slashed open because then the rain POURED. Lightning flashed. I could see it even with my eyes closed for my face faced the window. If I hadn't been so tired I would have appreciated it more. Which is not to say I did not appreciate it at all because I did, just not as much as I would have if.....
Get it?
Rambling is obviously a byproduct of less than 41/2 hours of sleep.
Have a great day.
p.s.
I wanted to show you my Halloween cookies from FHE last night but some child who shall remain nameless because I don't know who they are yet.... screwed up my Iphoto program. Maybe tomorrow.
4 comments:
I hear you about nameless children that have accidents. We keep hoping for the best, telling said child that they could have poster or something if they do better... & they do. Then just when I think I won't get that said little voice beside my bed telling me that they had a accident, it happens. You obviously do a little better than I do because I just do a baby wipe down, new pj's & into bed with me.
I didn't hear the thunder though. Too bad it kept you awake. I happened to use a few weeks agaon & it kept us up too. I thought it was going to hit my house. Thunder, lightening & rain are amazing to me although more enjoyable when it isn't keeping you awake.
Matthew & I were just saying the other day that we don't need to wash our kids sheets other than when they puke or pee in them because it happens just regularly enough. (OK, we do have to make a point to change Bethany's sheets, thank goodness.) We have a child that wet her pants at school the other day. Haven't experienced that one yet! Her teacher actually had 3 kids have accidents that day. hee hee. Anyway, here's to making it through the day on 4 1/2 hours of sleep!
I don't know how you do it-I need at least 8 1/2.
Hoping you still have pee-proof matress covers.. Ugh.
I didn't hear any storm at all--I'm so bummed about missing it!!
Post a Comment