Sunday, August 3, 2008

For Mom...

Mom and Dad came for dinner today. They stopped and visited us on their way to Wyoming to Visit Grandma Cox.  We made one of my favorite chicken recipes.  It's called Lemon BBQ chicken. I haven't made it for a long time. I think it's because you have to think about it 24 hours before you want it and I haven't been planning much in advance lately.  It was just as good as I remembered it.  You requested the recipe, Mom,  so I thought I'd post it here.  Love you.  We really enjoyed having you stop by.  Thank you for the homegrown tomatoes and cucumbers and making the cucumber sauce Daddy.  I have never been able to make it like you or Christy or David can.  I probably would practice more if Mark liked it. 

Lemon BBQ Chicken
2/3 C Lemon juice (if lemons are expensive I've used half real lemons and half "reallemon" bottled juice)
1/3 C oil
1/3 C vinegar
2 T soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 medium onion, chopped coarsely
4 lb chicken pieces
(I 1 1/2 times'd the marinade recipe to marinate 7 breasts and about 20 legs today: I adjusted the vinegar and oil to 1/2 C each)

Mix all ingredients.  Refrigerate overnight. Turn occasionally.  Don't make this if you can't marinate it close to 24 hours.  It just won't be as good.  We did it once for 2 days and it was divine!  The recipe says you can bake it at 350 with the marinade uncovered for 1 1/4 hours but we have always grilled it. 



No comments: