
Mason's first day of Kindergarten!
Can you see the little gap on the bottom of his smile? He lost his first tooth on Saturday night. He is so excited. "I can't beyieve I gonna have grown up teeth mama!"
Both of his bottom front teeth were loose and it seemed so sudden. One seemed to be doing backbends on Saturday night. I suggested we try to pull it. He was scared and covered his mouth exclaiming "no no no" I thought it so loose it might fall out and told him I worried that it might come out in the night and he could swallow it. He then agreed to have me pull it. It didn't come easy and I began to think I overreacted. I said, "I guess it's not as loose as I thought, I don't want to hurt you so let's just leave it for another day or two."
He was adamant. "No, pull it now!" He was brave and determined. I pulled hard and out it came. He didn't even cry. He was so excited to put it under his pillow for the tooth fairy. The other tooth is not as loose and will probably be a few more days. I was surprised to have him lose his teeth so early. Another sign he's growing up.
On our way to school. We had this conversation.
Me: "I can't believe my baby is going to Kindergarten"
Mason: "I not a baby mom. Babies do NOT go to kindergarten!"
Me: "I know. I just mean you are my youngest kid"
Mason: "yep! I'm a growed up baby mama!"
He was so excited, so happy to be there. He got placed in the afternoon kindergarten which I am not very happy about. oh well! My first kid free day was not to be. Samantha called home about 30 min. before he arrived telling me her back hurt and she needed to come home. I told her Mason had to eat lunch and I needed to get him to school she she'd have to wait half an hour til I could bring him. She was okay with that. So, I dropped off Mason for his first day and picked up Samantha to bring her home. Mark took her to the chiropractor. She slammed her head into the sideboard of Jacob's bunkbed (think of 2 mountain goats in a fight for dominance and you'll get the idea of how she hit) and it must have compressed something in her back because she's been really uncomfortable since Sat. night. Since she got home from the Chiropractor she says it feels normal. Yea for normal!

2 comments:
He's so handsome! I can't believe Mason is starting school!!! I saw Gwen on Saturday and she informed me that she loved school and that she couldn't go on Sunday, but Monday she got to go back. I wish my students felt that way about school!
How exciting!!
And I'm so glad Samantha is feeling better!--whew!
Post a Comment