So as you can see... My orange socks didn't turn out as dark as I hoped.

After school today Carly came up and hugged me and said "I want to talk to you but please don't interrupt. ( oh man, she knows me soooooo welll) I don't want to fight and I have something to say. (I nodded at this point) The socks are GREAT!!! They're perfect but my sweater is too dark (don't you LOVE how she's working me here. The socks are perfect.. it's the sweater's fault. I LOVE her.) I know you've done all you can do so Abby (her friend) needs to go shopping for her Daphne costume and could I go with her and WITH MY OWN MONEY, you've done enough, see if I can find something that works a little better?"
"sure! as long as I don't have to do anything"
... actually I did have to pick her up from the store but I'm cool like that. I didn't even lecture about the time invested in her costume already. I was relieved to not be responsible.

She found these AWESOME socks and this long-sleeved t-shirt at Target (nod to Amy. How did I not get to Target with all my store hopping. Maury's theory that Target is the bomb is supported) but I think they look good with the original Velma turtleneck. See supporting photo below. What do you think?
9 comments:
(Jamie, I love how you write.)
I like the 1st sweater - it looks a little thicker/chunkier than the 2nd one & isn't Velma's more like that? Is the 2nd sweater a turtle neck?
Matthew likes the sweater better too. But of course, we haven't seen them modeled. Can't wait for pics!
2nd sweater (darker one) is a turtleneck and the first one is like a wide neck long sleeved t that fits more close to her body. I like the sweater best but it's just me. She tried them both on for me tonight and I think she's going with the turtleneck.
what do you mean by 1st? the first sweater I got or the first in teh series of 2 at the bottom?
I'm confused.ed.ed
I think they go better with the original sweater, too. I applaud you for all of your efforts in the halloween costuming! I don't know if I could try as hard as you have been.
"Let me be clear." ;) We meant we liked the darker turtleneck sweater, the one that you bought.
Thank you Emily! I appreciate the clarity. I'm all about getting clarity! It's just who I am.
I love the new socks and I think they go best with sweater number 1 (jamie's sweater) Jamie~ you are the queen of patience. I would be terribly annoyed by now, but Carly has been so easy-you kind of deserve this. Sorry
She looked great tonight.
Post a Comment