Thursday, October 30, 2008

THIS is so GOOD I'm posting twice today




but dont' forget to read my last post cuz it's good too.

There is a boy.... Carly would describe him as a "really nice, sweet, punk skater person type thing..."
We can not find a classification for him on the cheese scale.  we are stymied.
Maybe feta: a little salty
Maybe mild cheddar: a little immature but with potential (you'll see what we mean later)
Y'all have any suggestions?

anyway he's not really in Carly's inner circle of friends but is a friend of a friend on the inner circle.  you with me so far? We'll call this intermediate friend "the snitch"

"The snitch" has been telling Carly that "mildfeta" is crushing big time on her and teasing poor "mildfeta" about it.  "mildfeta" is not handling the information leak well at all.  He runs away whenever Carly is in the vicinity.  Today he gave Carly a note.  Actually, he gave a friend a note to give to Carly.  Handing the note to Carly himself would have been the act of a medium Feta kind of guy and well, he's just not there yet.  The "deliverer" told her she "better read it now" as it was "in her best interest read it now".  

When Carly showed me the note I clasped it to my heart in delight and begged "can I post this???"  She snatched it back and said "I don't know.  Get a hold of yourself you're a thirty.... a thirty...... how old are you? 32?"  "yes, I'm 32!"  "you're a 32 year old woman!!!!!! wait, you're not 32.... how old are you? 37?  "I am not 37!!!!! (indignant expression)  "Okay... you're a thirty something year old woman!!!!"

She finally granted me permission.  I think she feels guilty over the whole sock hunt thing.  I may get anything I want for weeks! :)

Here it is in parts.  I'll transcribe  as we go because it's just too great for you to miss even a word.  
weird.  couldn't get my photo to turn upright here....  oh well. you can see what the note looks like alltogether.


and in parts...



So these 2 photos should go side by side...
"How would you rate me and it is just between me and you" ( I know Mom/Gma C! It should be "you and I")

1.  Fin (does that represent what I think it means???? he is salty!)  ugly   2.  ugly 
3.  ok    4.  cute    5. hot  


 6.  I would go out with you     7.  wird (gotta love those 9th grade boys and their creative spelling)   8. freaky     9. you would run away from me

I like a boy who can deliver a complement! Carly can hold her head high knowing she is a "4" and a "6".  
She is drafting a response to him as I type letting him know "thanks" but I dont' go out and you know it would be okay if you talked to me so we could become friends.  She's stressed about getting the wording just right.  She doesn't want to be mean, yet she doesn't want to get his hopes up, yet she doesn't want to be harsh, yet she doesn't want it to sound like she likes him...
She just shouted "I hate boys" 
I smiled and patted her shoulder.  That's okay sweetie.  For a couple more years that will do just fine.

10 comments:

Wendy said...

One comment for two posts . . . I love Carly's new outfit--oh yeah . . . Target IS da bomb. That note is hilarious and I love Carly's intended response.

I also think it's great that she apprached you like she did about getting a better outfit with her own money. Smart girl!

You guys all rock.

Julie said...

That is halarious!!!!!!!! Haley would die if she got a note like that. Haley hates the whole boy thing, but yet she claims she is a boy. figure that one out. Carly will do great. Tell her Haley's response to everything. "Im over it" It kinda makes you feel better. Oh and Jamie don't forget you got tagged! Ha Ha!

Aprilyn said...

Ok, I am totally laughing here! I love that part, "You are a thiry, a thirty...how old are you?" Totally made me laugh!!! I hated boys at this age.

I like the Velma costume. Hmm. Target? Maybe I should have gone there when I was looking for the perfect wig for Nathan-Eye-Moody. Maybe we will venture your way tonight if Nathan is feeling better.

Matthew said...

Carly,

This kid wasn't taking any risks here so he deserves no quarter. Don't be nice. Let him have it!

If you don't mind, let me send this along.

Dear Mr. Crumbly-Cheese,
You didn't give us enough choices. You are:
10. Not good enough for Carly.

Sincerely,
Uncle Matthew

Emily said...

Hahahaha!

How old is that boy? I got a note like that in 3rd grade I think. But of course Carly will be kind, that's why all the boys like her. That, & #4. Will you post Carly's response? Pretty please?

Why put #5 on the scale if you're not going to pick it? You're cute, but not hot.

Carly, I feel for you girl, I hated boys too - especially the ones that liked me - so annoying! I have feeling you'll eventually change your tune though, just please, wait like 5 more years!

Jenafer Lowe said...

This reminds me of a "note" a really creechy boy wrote in my yearbook one year. Picture Aunt Jena on the beach with her friends on a typical Orange County day after finals signing yearbooks. We were all hanging out just having a good time passing around yearbooks. In mine a boy (who was there) wrote something along the lines of "I like you. I think you are pretty and funny. If you like me and want to go out with me, pick up your left leg." HOW LAME IS THAT?!? I just looked at him when I was done reading his poor excuse of a ask out and shook my head no. Silly boys...

Christy said...

I agree with Uncle Matthew # 10 is the correct answer. Carly is WAY too good for that boy. At least he didn't use "sweatie" for sweetie.

Answer to Many said...

Make her save the note... Someday when she's old and married will get a kick out of it.
And reassure Carly she's a very pretty girl and will have tons of boys after her so she better perfect the art of letting them down easy.

Melissa said...

Wow! These notes have gotten quite a bit more complicated, haven't they?? What happened to "Do you like me? Check Yes or No."

Maursupial said...

Just remember Carly,
Boys are icky. That philosophy has gotten me where I am. . . single at nearly 35. Good luck to you.