Remember these two?
Mason's still certain she's the one.....
A conversation today:Mason: I want to live with you forever mom!
Mom: You can live with me as long as you need to. I bet when you get big you will want your own house though. You'll want to get married and be a dad!
Mason: When I have my own house, will I be in charge???? (hands rub together, eyebrows raised)
Mom: you sure will!
Mason: (thinks it over for a minute) Will I take Ayden to the hospital when she's gonna have a baby? Would that be my 'sponsibility?
The West family joined us again this year for our little jaunt down the river. There are carved pumpkins lining the riverbanks; an assortment of traditional Jack-O-Lantern faces, dracula, spiders, bats, Medusa even.. The river at this point is not moving with any current so the "captain" pulls the boat down the river by pulling on ropes overhead. A pirate tries to board at one point and makes silly pirate jokes and the "captain" did a pretty good job of telling us "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" complete with voice characterization and some sound effects.
Samantha claimed to be a little "freaked out" by the story. Mason really did look "freaked out" when we got off the boat and headed back down the path to our car now that it was REALLY dark out and the spooky decorations were a little more noticeable. With a little prodding from her dad, Ayden serenaded us on the rocks while the kids gathered for the following photos with "I got soul but I'm not a soldier"
The kids had fun and then we came home and had Wendy's Apple hill cake and watched "The ghost and Mr. Chicken"
Our favorite line ....
"my whole body is a weapon" -Don Knotts as Luther

It's ironic Jacob is flashing the peace symbol when about 95% of the books he checks out of the library are about weapons, military vehicles or war throughout the ages.... oh.. maybe it's "V" for Victory! Then again, maybe he has NO clue what it means in either context but he's pretty sure he's lookin' cool when he does it.
Carly and Claire
Samantha is NOT cold!

Mark's not cold either with his warm wool capote and cute daughters to snuggle up to.
A 'sponsible guy! Look at that face. He's ready for anything!
.....bats, spiders, contractions........
7 comments:
That was adorable! I loved the Mason's sponsibility. He is sure a thinker! and very thoughtful!
I've never been on the Provo River Halloween Cruise but I saw a coupon for it and thought it looked fun. Would you suggest it? Even if it's just me and my husband with no kiddos?
honestly...without kiddos, I think you'd be bored and wished you'd gone to cafe rio or a movie or jump on it even! :)
I must post another comment for Stephanie...
My friend Judy said she went with her friends and had fun. she agreed it was a little campy but said as part of a "Halloween evening" where they also watched a spooky movie and ate a halloween themed dinner it was a fun addition so there you have it! another opinion on the halloween cruise.
I still can't believe how adorable he is.
ps I posted the apple hill cake recipe
Yeah, you have to take the kiddos. It's fun to see their reactions. That's what I go for. We have been a couple of times and it's definatly a family thing. We should go together one of these years. Cute pictures
It looks like you had fun. Mason cracks me up!
I think every Cub Scout made the "peace" sign when I took their pictures at Day Camp. I think they just think they look cool. I think your family is great! Oh, and I've been babysitting Rachel's future husband, Cameron. He's a doll.
Post a Comment