Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Looky! Looky!

Look at my baby!!!! He is loving kindergarten.  He loves his teacher.  He loves his class.  He loves everything!!!   I am happy this transition has been a good one for him.  I was helping in his class on Thursdays for an hour before I was offered my little Teacher's aide job.  I have been able to help in his class every day as an aide until my supervisor gets her "Star reading program" up and running which will be in a week or two.  There are 2 of THE cutest little girls that sit at his table named Hannah and Ashley.  Mason told me today "they are my best girls! cuz we are good friends".   He loves it when I come to his class.  It's also been fun to see Samantha and Jacob in the halls or at recess.  

My work is going well.  Day's 1,2,3 & 4 are under my belt.  I am feeling more comfortable in the classes and I enjoy being with the kids.  My first class is 5th grade and there are 3 kids from church in that class and a couple more from the neighborhood that I know. When I'm in that class I usually supervise the kids on an assignment while the teacher works with small groups in a small room off the classroom.  Today I supervised them in the library and took them back to their classroom.  My 2nd class is 3rd grade and again, 3 kids from church. In that class I have been "observing" but starting tomorrow I will be in charge of  their spelling lesson for the day while the teacher is out of the class with individual students.  I even get to give the test on fridays! :)  My last class is 1st grade and there's one boy from primary there. I have been doing different things each day but it looks like I will be reading the class a story and then supervising journal time and centers while the teacher works with individual students or small groups out of the classroom.  The remaining hour I have been working with Mason's class and helping the librarian get ready for her book fair this week.  In the future I will be working with individual 3rd and 4th grade students following the guidelines for the "star reading program" which I have yet to learn.

I feel more focused and organized in the rest of my life and Jacob and Samantha are adjusting well to being Later Gator's.  I continue to think this will be a very good thing for me.  yea! 


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to tell Carson that Mason is moving in on Hannah ... :) It sounds like you are doing great and actually sounds like a lot of fun. Congrats to Mason, that is great!

Julie said...

Jamie you are amazing! You are really getting involved at the school. Teaching and PTA. It's alot of fun. It's great to be involved with your kids at school, that's when you feel like a good mom. I like going on field trips and Clear Creek. I have not had time this year to spend at the school. I hope things continue to go well for you. Keep an eye on Zac and Reilly for me. Ha Ha!

Emily said...

So glad this is going to work out for you! I wish you could come & help out at our school!

Maursupial said...

Yeah Mason!! I'm so proud of you!

Jamie, I'm really happy that you're enjoying working at the school. I know that you will be such a force for good with the kids you work with. Go Jamie!

Christy said...

Yeah! I'm so glad that this is going well for you. Mason is such a cutie, I'm glad he has some best girls.

The Jones :) said...

I'm glad you're enjoying it...sounds like a fun day and lots of changes!! Congrats to Mason...he's too cute!! You are an amazing lady and mom!! I hope to be like you when I get big and my kids are the same ages as yours!!

Party of Five said...

You know, now that the secret is out you are going to have to keep an eye on all of our kids! I wish I could bein Kenny's class once in a while! Maybe when we get into the swing of things, Todd can tend the wee ones while I go to the school for a bit! So fun, glad you are enjoying it!

Candy said...

I believe you are teaching Burton's class today. You will have to tell me how his Spotlight went... I hope he doesn't break his show and tell items!

WAY TO GO MASON!!!

Candy said...

I believe you are teaching Burton's class today. You will have to tell me how his Spotlight went... I hope he doesn't break his show and tell items!

WAY TO GO MASON!!!