Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Husband went to the ER and all I got was this dumb bracelet

One more time.

An early morning trip to the Emergency room.

Kidney Stones.

Once again, I hope it will be the last time.

We didn't have to wait this time. I'm telling you- 3am is the time to hit the ER. No wait.

I came home with a doped up Hubby and a cute red bracelet.

Of course we had a youth BBQ scheduled at our house tonight. Of course!

It's going on now and Mark is out there, smiling, talking, putting on a good show.

He was supposed to make dutch oven desserts. He still planned to do it all morning until I sent him to the kitchen to make a shopping list. I asked him if he could think straight enough to figure it all out as I was doing laundry. He said he thought he could. He came back in a few minutes later with a change of heart. "I'm not making the desserts. I just don't have the energy." I was glad. I felt like he was pushing himself too hard.

The kids were good and weeded hard this morning. Thank heaven for a breezy overcast day. Then they came in, got cleaned up and helped me clean the house. They're good kids.

This kidney stone seems to be smaller than the last one. Mark was uncomfortable for days and was pumped full of extreme amounts of morphine and then Dilautid when that didn't work last May. We spent several hours in the ER last time. We were only there an hour and a half this time. We didn't need any tests, he knew exactly what was going on. We knew which medication to request that works for him. He really is doing better but has a raging headache once again from the Dilautid. We requested NO MORPHINE. He has some back pain today but it hasn't been as bad as last time.

Mason has been impressed that kidney stones are not fun. He has been drinking lots of water all summer and will randomly state things like "see mom, see how I'm drinking lots of water?! I do NOT want to get kidney stones." or "It would be even badder for kids to get kidney stones than dads. That's what I think. I will drink lots of water so I don't get kidney stones!!!"
He then proceeds to look very serious while guzzling great glasses of water. It's very cute and it's good to be hydrated so I just tell him "good job buddy!"

We're all glad we have 1pm church. We'll enjoy sleeping in tomorrow.

I wish you all a chocolate covered, sleep-filled, kidney stone free saturday night.






5 comments:

Julie said...

oh, chocolate covered.... sounds good. I hope he is feeling much better. And no more ER visits. That's crazy!!!! We should go out sometime again if Andy can stay longer than one night. Miss you

Answer to Many said...

have him start drinking a glass of real lemonaide everyday I tell you it helps fight them off.

Amanda said...

Yucky! Yucky! Yucky! I'm so sorry.

Aprilyn said...

Oh man! I'm sorry to hear it happened again. Is there any way to prevent these things? I'm not very familiar with kidney stones...OBVIOUSLY!

Answer to Many said...

Oh yeah and BeeLith helps alot too. It's just a cheap over the counter vitamin suppliment. But it does wonders from them coming back. Let me know if you want to try some I have quite a bit