Monday, August 17, 2009

summer one liners and big windy's

Sitting in the backyard swing with Rachel enjoying the uncharacteristically cool summer evening... and she says:
"If I were a monkey and I lived in utah... I would live in that (pointing at a tree in the next yard) tree! Doesn't it look like a good Monkey tree?!" *contemplative pause* "I'm sure the Kratzers wouldn't mind me eating the plums in their yard. And we really should plant a banana tree!!!"

Cousin Bethany while eating a popsicle:
"It just isn't summer if your tongue isn't purple!"

Mason: "Carson and I found 15 beetles each!!!!"
Mom: Is that a true story?
Mason: *looks away, tries not to smile* "well, Carson and I found and smashed 4 beetles each!!"
Mom: Is that a true story?
Mason:*looks away, tries not to smile* "Well, Carson and I were looking for beetles but all we saw was that 1 dead one that you saw."
Mom: Is that a true story?
Mason: YES! That is a true story!

(wrote down the quote but not the speaker...)
We had a very wet summer. It rained most of June.....

Unknown Bocanegra child: "I feel like a wet slug"

Unknown Bocanegra Child: *disgusted expression* "It's like singing in the rain"
Mom: "I thought you liked singing in the rain"
UBC: "not when I get wet"

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Slug bait: $8.50; one liners: Priceless!
Gma

Christy said...

I love these little snatches of your kids (even the pseudo-Boca Bethany). I wish I lived closer!!!!! Hope to see you in in a month or so. Maury and I had a blast at Disneyland and are looking forward to going back with you!!!!!