Sunday, August 2, 2009

Magical Robotic me

comments from my sleepy teenage daughters recently:

Upon finding Carly walking around this morning in a daze even after her shower:
me: are you okay?
Carly: I'm just sooooo tired.
Me: what time did you go to bed?
Carly: When the movie was over last night.
ME: so about 12:30???
Carly; yes.
Me: me too.. but I got up an hour before you
Carly: but you're like a robot. You're mom!


Upon waking Rachel up at 8am to help me with something last week... After helping, She went back to sleep and got up a couple hours later...
Rachel: I can't believe you woke me up so early!!!!
me: well, we went to bed at the same time.
Rachel: well you're magic. You're a mom. You can do anything.


Lately, we've all been staying up too late and getting up when we feel like it. The girls have embraced their teenage spirit and acquired the "sleeping til late morning if I let them" habit.

They complained early in the summer about the early morning sunlight waking them up at 6am and not being able to go back to sleep. I bought some blackout fabric and made them a curtain.

I think it works a little too well.

School is right around the corner.

Schedules are coming.......

Alarm clocks will be dusted off........
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Those were the days. Now I have to be a mom & get up in the mornings. I don't feel magical though, more like a robot.

Christy said...

I still feel like Carly and Rachel most days-I need a good 8-9 hours of sleep and then maybe a nap in the middle of the day. Maybe that's why I'm not a mom-no tolerance for lack of sleep

Wendy said...

Magical, I believe. But robotic? Maybe Mom's have an autopilot.