The first to leave today were my high schoolers!
Carly was patient with her- too much like her mother- slow-poke sister. Her hair wouldn't do what she wanted it to do so Carly suggested a hat. Of course the hat was in the laundry so a quick scrub job with a wet towel and she was ready to go.
Carly was checking the clock trying not to get upset but they were kind to pose for a picture before leaving.
Carly had to ride the bus in 10th grade. Rachel has a guaranteed ride!
Rachel might not sidestep that fun school experience entirely though! Sometimes Carly has to leave school directly and go to work and some days she leaves early to attend her CNA classes off-campus. For most days first semester Rachel will be staying after school to practice with the XCountry team so no bus probably for her until second semester. Then- she'll get to experience all the fun the school bus has to offer.
Carly is excited about starting her senior year.
She's got her CNA class this fall to prepare for nursing school and medical English. She made the Chamber choir which is the highest audition choir and is excited about that. I hope her last year is all she hopes it will be.
Next to go were my youngest 2. My elementary babies.
(Don't tell them them I said that!)
They are starting 5th and 3rd grades. I can't believe it.
He's almost as tall as she is!
They are excited about their classes and teachers and I am excited that I was hired once again at the same school where they go as a Title One Aide. I get to work in the same program as I've worked in the last 2 years. I was very worried all summer that I wouldn't have a job there with budget shortfalls, etc. My hours were cut by one and our program was cut by 2 people but I still remain for which I am grateful.
Today Mason came in to find me because he hurt his toe playing soccer at recess. What a nice thing to be there for them at work too. He was fine but I could hug him and check his toe, make him bend it this way and that and declare it bruised but unbroken!
Today was a no-student day for me. It was a set up the classroom day. Kids tomorrow!
Last to go was Jacob on his way to his first of 3 years at the Junior high!
See ya mom!
I'll be fine.
I know.
*sniff*
4 comments:
Happy first day to some pretty terrific kids!
I can't believe how tall mason has gotten! He is going to pass Sam up quickly! Hope they all had a good first day!
I'm with Lilly.. I can't believe how big Mason is!! Your older girls have grown up so much. Oh heck, all your kids are adorable! :)
Nate started 7th grade (middle school) this year too. So far I think he likes it. We are in our 2nd week.
Carly-I've been there many times with your mother...I feel your pain! Everyone looks fabulous. That Samantha gets cuter and cuter! Jacob just looked like he wanted to be gone.
Post a Comment