Friday, August 26, 2011

PINEAPPLE TERIYAKI BEEF ROAST

PINEAPPLE TERIYAKI BEEF ROAST


2 1/2- 3 lbs Beef Rump Roast; cut into 5-6 slices,


1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, do not drain


1 cup water

1 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

4-6 cloves garlic, pressed

1 tablespoon cornstarch

white or brown rice, cooked ( we used 3 C Rice + 6 C water)

Directions:

Add the pineapple with juice, water, soy sauce, sugar, & spices to a crock-pot. Stir to melt the sugar then add in the beef cubes. Cover with a lid then cook on high for 6 hours. Take 2 forks and shred meat up. If does not shred easily, cook a bit longer. When shreds easily. Remove meat to serving dish and cover to keep warm. Pour juices into shallow pan and bring to boil. Mix Cornstarch with 2 tbsp of warm water then stir into the sauce. When thickened, pour into bowl for serving. Another way to thicken the sauce is to mix cornstarch and water and pour into crockpot with meat and juices. Recover crockpot & cook for another 20-30 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Serve over rice.

Served family of 7 with some leftover


The original recipe said to cube beef but I didn't want to take the time so I just cut it into several big slices. I planned to shred it when it was cooked anyway. I adjusted the recipe to make more sauce b/c we like a lot of sauce for our rice. If you don't then you should probably half the sauce. The whole liked this recipe. Yea! I wished I'd taken a picture. It looked so pretty on the plate. We served it with fresh grean beans from the garden sauteed in butter and garlic salt. mmmmmmmmmm

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Sounds lushious! I'm going to try that! Thank you. Mom
Word verification: 'gedness' My gedness that sounds GOOD!

shelly said...

thanks!