Wednesday, November 19, 2008

CarCar & Baby Rachel: Then and now


October 1997




November 19, 2008



13 comments:

Steve & Julie said...

Wow! 11 years. Really? I can't believe how quickly time goes by. I remember those costumes :)

Aprilyn said...

They are beautiful Jamie! They are fun to be around too. It helps to have them around for the games at Pack Meeting.

Melissa said...

Now there are the girls I remember! :) They've grown up beautifully.

I think they could still rock the gypsy scarves, though. Might be time to give them another try!

Julie said...

How cute is that? Love that first picture and the second picture is going to be hard to keep the boys away. You have awesome kids and so cute. Don't you just want to squeeze them and hug them forever.

Jamie said...

I would like to comment here...
ahem... I sewed every stitch of those gypsy costumes. I made the shirts, skirts, sewed the gold ribbon on those belts and sewed the gold tassels onto the gypsy scarves. I even made the headbands. even 11 years later I am quite proud of myself. They've carried me a long time! haven't made anything like it since.

Wendy said...

Darling and beautiful. And bravo on the costumes, I must say!

Melissa said...

I love the costumes! You outdid yourself, Jamie. All that work! I would've made them be gypsies every year since.

Jamie said...

They literally wore those costumes to shreds. Rachel, of course, got twice the wearing time because she was able to wear Carly's when she outgrew hers. They were worth every minute spent cutting & sewing as they loved them and wore them to pieces. In fact I think she WAS a gypsy again when she was 4 for preschool.

Emily said...

Ah, they were just older than that when I first met them. What sweethearts. It has been a joy to watch them grow & get to know them. Rachel & Carly, I love you girls!

Stephanie Salmon said...

Yay, a picture of your girls I RECOGNIZE. :)

Maursupial said...

I cannot believe how grown up and gorgeous those two have become, but I'm so glad I've been here to see it. These are two of the best girls in the entire world.

Jamie said...

Guess what stephanie,
your mom gave me the patterns for the skirt and the shirt. she's awesome!

Christy said...

I have loved these girls from Pre-Gypsy to teenage beauties, what wonderful girls they were then and now. I just got all your letters-Thank you. I love you so much!!!!!