The whole family attended. Before it started Samantha started.... She was in argue mode. She demanded "why are we here? Is there someone that we know? Why did we come?" I took the program and patiently went through the whole thing.
"See Samantha, this first group is a choir from the high school that Carly will be attending next year. They are going to sing 3 songs. Next is a girl that is Braydon's (a classmate) cousin. She's going to sing a song. Then we will hear a boy named Micheal sing. ( I pointed him out as he was 2 rows in front of us.) He sounds a lot like Josh Groban and he's going to sing some of his songs. Then there will be a guitar group that will play a song. Last Mic is going to play the piano. He's very very good on the piano and writes his own songs. He is sister Lopp's oldest son. He organized this concert to collect food for people that don't have enough money to buy their own food. Remember the food we brought?"
I thought I gave a lot of detail and gave a thorough explanation. Her response was "so Reilly's going to sing?" (Mic's younger brother who did not figure at ALL in my explanation)
I said "NO, Reilly is not going to sing". She started in again. "Then why are we here? Who are we going to see?" There were a couple more exchanges of me trying to explain and her tenaciously adhering to her original question.
I felt like an adult in a charlie brown movie. "All she heard was "Wah wah wah wah wah"
To Save my sanity I switched seats and put Mason between us. That of course did not go over well but now she was sitting by Mark and it was his turn.
Once the concert started she was engrossed and Mason kindly switched seats with her and so she was back to sitting next to me. She snuggled under my arm so I knew I was forgiven.
The music was great and it was a nice evening out. After Mic's piano numbers she started yelling.
after song #1 she yelled "Good job Mic!"
after song #2 she yelled "That was relaxing"
After song #3 she yelled "That was cool and relaxing"
after song #4 I shushed her.
After the concert she begged for a pen to get his autograph.
When he becomes a famous pianist we'll say we knew him when.....
She's very interactive at concerts. This summer we took all 3 girls to see Jordin Sparks at an outdoor theatre. While setting up a song, Jordin asked the audience "How many of you girls out there have liked a guy and found out that he liked your best friend?" I looked over and there was Samantha raising her hand and nodding her head.
I looked at her....
"What???!!!!"
She smiled sheepishly and said "well I have!"
5 comments:
"That was cool and relaxing"? Seriously that girl is a pip. I wish I could get inside her head for a couple of minutes and see how she thinks.
I must tell you that I read this entry while my kids are quietly reading each other's papers and I had to stifle the laughter that was bubbling out of me. It made my eyes water and my tummy hurt a little.
Samantha. I never knew that she, too, had felt heartache.
My favorite thing to yell at a performer, "that was relaxing!" I'm going to start yelling that after every song at the concerts I attend from now on.
Next concert, just give her a lighter, she can sway and flick during the "relaxing" parts!
Michael Magistro is in my ward and lives just down the street. He does sing great,doesn't he? I haven't heard him sing since he got home from his mission.
Samantha cracks me up. I love her comments. I'm glad she ended up enjoying the concert anyway. I wish I had been there. Instead I was at a horrible pack planning meeting.
Jamie I did not even see this post of yours. I must have missed it. That story was pretty funny about Samantha. Tell her there is another concert soon and the girl that is singing is a girl named Samantha. She what she says then. Ha Ha!
Post a Comment