Monday, November 3, 2008

what my kids ate for lunch on Halloween....

Okay, so I got a little silly Thursday night as I was getting the lunchboxes & bags ready for Friday morning.  I usually get as much as I can ready the night before so our mornings go more smoothly.  If I don't take this little step we have a really hard time making scripture study time.  So, all alone in  my kitchen, I started having way too much fun thinking of a spooky lunch for the kids.  This is what I came up with.....   (I put labels on everything)
Monster blood

Mummy bones

Witch eyeballs

Samantha got a bag of little "ghost friends"(ummm sharpie ink is nontoxic right?)because I didn't know if she could handle what I thought up for the rest of my little monsters....  
which was a little bag of ghost poo and bat poo

he he he....

11 comments:

Maursupial said...

James,
You are so incredibly creative I can hardly stand it. But, were those bologne sandwiches? 'Cause I can't get behind no bologne sandwiches.

Jamie said...

yes, in fact, they were bologne sandwiches. Does it help if I fry the bologne????? cuz I do fry it. Did you know bologne has another name? it's also called "the I have five kids and I buy whatever is cheap and resembles meat meat"

Emily said...

Cute! I mean, gross! I love that you used a Sharpy on Sam's marshmallows. It's probably safer than the bologne! ;) You know I'm just giving you a hard time, because I feed my kids bologne too. I won't eat it, but their tastes are not yet refined enough to appreciate real lunch meat. We had spider web pizzas, mashed potato ghosts, carameled ears & cemetery weeds for Halloween dinner. It was fun.

Still waiting for pics of your kids costumes!

Jamie said...

what were the carameled ears? apples dipped in caramel? and the weeds were salad right?

Wendy said...

Those are awesome! I am excited for ds to be old enough to appreciate things like that! I still need to read that article in your last post-- thanks for posting it!

Stephanie Salmon said...

I'm not ashamed to admit I like bologne. Well, I think I do. I guess I haven't had it for years and years, but I bet I still do. What a creative lunch!

Steve & Julie said...

Ghost and bat poo. . . that is so funny!

Julie said...

You are amazing Jamie! Your kids have a GREAT mom and you are always doing fun things with them. I need some of your energy. You are so creative with their lunches. My kids eat at school.

Jamie said...

julie. you are too nice because I only get creative once, maybe twice a year! :)

Jenafer Lowe said...

NOT TRUE! NOT TRUE! You are creative waaaaay more than once or twice a year. Jamie, I've said it before and I'll say it again; I hope I'm half the mom you are. If I could only be a sponge and soak up all that you are. Love you! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Karen Brothersen said...

Can I just say... I LOVE YOUR STINKIN GUTZ! You are awesome! And loved the poo!