Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Carly Quotes




See..... I was never afraid of Jaws unless I was sitting on the toilet... -Carly 10/10/08

This was her reply upon being questioned if the movie "Jaws" ever scared her.
Carly's always had toilet issues. Self-flushers were the terror of her preschool life. Outhouses were the bane of her grade-school years. We almost left a ward camp-out when she was 7 because she refused to use the outhouse and Mark was afraid she'd pee in the tent.





"Rachel, that would be great if you were IMPALED"
-Carly August 2008

We were all at girls camp.  I was half asleep, but when I heard that I sat up in my cot and said "What did you say?"
She replied, "Well, I think it would be fun if she was impaled. I could wheel her around the school in a wheelchair all day"
......long pause while I consider everything that is wrong with that sentence.......
I questioned, "do you mean IMPAIRED?"

Carly: "...oooohhh! yeah, I think that's what I meant. What does impaled mean?"


And if you want to hear her singing with her "Acapella" group last week at a choirfest go to the link below. My favorite song of the three is "jericho"

http://sites.google.com/site/ljhschoirfallfestival/orem

when you click on that site, there are 3 downloads available that say Orem jr. high. The first one is a different choir but the 2nd one and 3rd ones are her choir. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I so remember that impaled sentence at girls camp. That was so funny!!!!! Toilets that flush really loud like at the movie theaters scare me to death. I get everything ready, put my hand on the door, flush and rush out. They scare me.

Emily said...

Impaled or impaired, she's still wishing some degree of harm on her baby sister... Rachel, you might need to watch your back! You don't want your sister impaling or impairing you just so she can push your wheelchair & look like a good, kind, unselfish person.

Amanda said...

LoL!! That is hilarious. It just goes to show you that you don't have to be blonde to be blonde. he he I love the impaled it cracks me up.