Wednesday, March 18, 2009

...and I'm all right with that!



So yesterday at recess I noticed that Jacob left his friends again and was wandering a bit with a thoughtful look on his face. He didn't look sad really, but not happy either. I asked him if he was okay. He gave me a hug and said "yeah" but didn't offer up any more info. As hard as it was (and it was...) I didn't pry and walked away.

This morning at breakfast he asked me "remember when I was by myself at recess yesterday?" well another girl likes me and the guys were teasing me again. I was getting mad so I just walked away to cool off. They tease me about Jessica AND Julie now. They say stuff like "Jacob, Jessica and Julie, sitting it a tree... It just makes me SO MAD when they tease me and I don't want to lose my temper so I just get away."

"Who's Julie?" I asked. I have done some parties in his class so I know the kids pretty well. I asked a few questions.. "Does she have brown hair?" yes. Does she hang out with Sydney?" yes.

"oh, she's a cute girl."

"yeah. She's nice. She's my friend. Yesterday when she was leaving school she yelled that I was cute. 

And I'm all right with that. 

I just don't' like the boys teasing me."


(Auntie Em... Jacob made this look-out tower and crossbow from his art kit.  Thanks again and tell whichever cousin was responsible.. Bethany? he all right with it too...)

2 comments:

Aprilyn said...

Nathan gets teased about girls but he doesn't like them. I ask him what he did at recess but he doesn't talk much either. He really likes walking to school with Jacob. He just wishes he could walk HOME with him too. :)

Anonymous said...

That's my boy!! Like Father, Like Son