Thursday, March 12, 2009

Nudging Spring.....


So Last Weekend we were getting some of this.......

And my sweet little spring flowers looked like this....


And I felt like this.........


So I decided to bring a little spring indoors.  My thoughtful MIL gave me a giftcard to Micheals for my birthday and I've been saving it, wondering what I would do with it so I took myself down there and picked up a few things and made .........

A Forsythia wreath for my door.  
If Spring will not come to me I will come to spring!


I had the vase already and picked up some pretty pastel malted milk balls (none of my kids really like those--- wah ha ha-- so they'll be sure to stay on display for  a bit) and some pastel jellybeans, pruned a couple branches off my apple tree and made this Family Fun project.....

....and of course I had to sew a new spring table runner.  My Jo-Anns 40% off coupon came in the mail on Friday! yippee!  I'm kind of on a table runner kick.  I loved this pretty green fabric.  It looks a little washed out and gray in this second picture so go back and look at the color in the 1st one.  
It all makes me so happy.  
sigh....
It will get me through til Spring really does come.


11 comments:

Julie said...

I love that picture of the monkey. How cute is that??? I too want spring to come. All my spring stuff is coming up in my yard. I can't wait to see the flowers. You think I would be sick of flowers cause I work with flowers at work, but I never do. I love your table runners. I just bought a red one to go with my sage green walls and I love the red. It shrunk in the wash tho, but it still works. Are they hard to make? You will have to show me how to make one.

Jamie said...

They are really so easy. I was scared to death to do it at first. I bought some red fabric and it sat around forever! I was afraid to cut it. Then I decided to sew some for my sister in law for Christmas and I dived right in. I sewed 3 for me (red, orange and a dark green with presents all over it for Christmas) and 3 for her and learned a few things along the way. If you want to get some fabric I will show you how. How long is your table? I use 3 yards but my table is pretty long. I have more Jo-Ann coupons for this month.... 40% off and the fabric I liked was only $5 a yard to begin with so my fabric cost under $10 for my runner... Lets do it!!!! I've got Friday or Saturday night open.

The Jones :) said...

Those are really cute spring time things!! I like the picture of the monkey too!! Kinda how I feel at times as well!! You're so crafty and cute...love the decorations!!

Karen Brothersen said...

I am right there with you woman! If spring will not come to us, we MUST go to spring! I have already started too! I love to decorate the house for spring. The colors of spring are "happy" colors to me! No MORE winter blues here at the Brothersens or the Bocanegras!

Candy said...

Super cute! I need to make a spring wreath to hang on my door. Guess I better take a trip to craft store! I wish I could put table cloths and table runners on my table... Breanna would just pull it off and what ever was on top. Maybe next year.

Amanda said...

How fun! I am feelin the spring bug too! I can almost taste it.

Julie said...

It's a little over 5 feet long. I love them and they add so much to the room. Let's do it sometime.

Emily said...

Hurray for spring! I love that bright color of green on your table runner. I don't know if you realized how much I love table runners when you made those for me for Christmas, but I do. I love them. Table cloths are a little too stuffy for everyday (for me), but a table runner looks cute & you can still wipe off the table around it. So, thanks again. Gwen chose the Valentine's one for her birthday dinner. I also like to put a pretty place mat in the middle of the table with a vase on it - now we're really talking lazy.

Check my blog later - I'm in the middle of my spring post - it'll make you jealous! ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post! I love your nudging efforts. I think it's working!

Christy said...

Fun Fun! I have weeds everywhere, so I know it's spring. I've sprayed Roundup on every green thing in sight-welcome to the desert! No more "goatheads" for my little darlings! I love your runners, I wish I had a square table, do runners look ok on a round table?

Jamie said...

I think they would. why not!