Tuesday, November 24, 2009

She-devil

So I came home on my little lunch break to check on my invalid hubby who has not left his bed since Sunday morning.

He looked up at me and groaned as I came in the door and quipped "The devil came back from Geneva. You're going to force me to drink some more aren't you"

I smiled and took it as a good sign that he can make a joke. All he's been able to do is groan and blink since Sat. night.

My dad called me last night and said "you've got to get him to drink a LOT of fluid to get that kidney stone moving and to flush the painkillers out of his system".

Mark doesn't' even know if there is still kidney stone pain because the painkillers have left him with such a killer headache he can't move, eat, think, etc. Last night I went to Macey's and bought 3 gallons of apple juice, filled up his ginormous BYU cup and started making an appearance next to his bed every 10-15 minutes and wouldn't leave him alone until he drank what I considered a reasonable amount.

The devil comment is my first sign of hope that this will end someday. Yea.

See ya! The Devil needs to get back for my 2nd grade group.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I am sooo sorry. I hope that he will feel good enough for you guys to go to Thanskgiving dinner with your family.

My verification word was rawleg...who makes these things up? I mean seriously. ;p

Julie said...

I hope things are getting better for Mark. We are thinking of him and hope you have a good Thanksgiving. Tell Mark to drink lots and lots of liquids. I could make him some of my chocolate chip cookies and blend them up till they are liquid. I bet he would drink those. Ha ha! Get better!!

Jennifer said...

I know Mark is so thankful to have you despite the devil comment. You are a wonderful wife and mother and I look up to you. Love to you, Mark and the kiddos

Jenafer Lowe said...

To Mark:
CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! That was done in my best "Frat" boy voice. I hope it was enough to get him to drink. Most of the Frat boys I knew were from the LDS Sorority that I had pledged to. Hope it helps! Love you all!

The Jena