The New best comeback of the day.
Carly went to dinner with a large group of friends tonight. One of the parents owns a restaurant In Salt Lake and let them all come eat for free. She just came in and was telling us all about it. She had a take out container in her hand and said "I got dessert to go because I was full". Mark was looking a little too interested as she described her "chocolate cake with a yummy sauce".
She put it in the fridge and turned back to look at him with raised eyebrows. She said very deliberately "I licked it Daddy. It's got my spit ALL over it!!! Don't even think about it!!!"
She's got nothing to worry about now. Her cake is safe.
4 comments:
ahhh, the wisdom of youth! You go girl! Daddy's always seem to dibbs the left-overs in the refrigerator! You are on top of things! Beautiful and wise! Gma C
wrd ver: "homped' Mark homped the dessert would be his!!!
I might come over and eat it anyway. How can I turn down CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!
Would that have worked with our Dad Jamie? I don't think so, I think he still would have eaten it.
Isn't great when the kids can stump a Dad, who happens to stump everyone most of the time?! Phew! That was a mouth full. Very Dr. Suess-esk if I do say so myself. ;)
Post a Comment