Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sincere prayer


Shared by my sister Jennifer---

One day Alyssa couldn't find her glasses. We have a rule that glasses always go on the table when they are taken off. Mike was outside working on something, so he didn't know about it. Alyssa and I said a quick hurried prayer and then started looking. I felt like we looked everywhere. Mike came in and saw what we were doing and started helping us look. I felt like we had looked everywhere and was anticipating having to buy new glasses, which we can't afford. I went into my bedroom, shut the door and this time got on my knees uttered a sincere prayer, telling Heavenly Father that I couldn't afford new glasses right now and please please please help us find them. I was on my knees for a little while, then went into the bathroom to wash my face, when I heard Alyssa's little voice jubulantly calling, "I found them, Mommy, I found them." I quickly said a quick thank you, before heading out to find out where they had been. I though maybe Mike had found them, but Alyssa had happened to look in the laundry basket and there they were. I find it interesting that it wasn't until I had uttered a truly sincere and hearfelt prayer that we found them.

1 comment:

Deborah W said...

I had a similar experience. One of my cats, Jack, had gotten out of the house. My cats are not allowed outside on their own, and I was frantic and scared. I prayed hard for Jack's safety because we had lost a cat two years earlier to a car. Just a few minutes later the little rascal showed up on his own at the sliding glass door, safe and sound!