(I modified just a bit as it called for self-rising flour... who has self-rising flour on hand all the time? not I)
Snappy Rolls
2 C flour
1 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
4 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
1 cup milk
1 tsp sugar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine all ingredients together in a medium bowl and mix well. spoon into 12 lightly greased muffin cups. bake 16-18 min. Tip: best served warm.
Jamie's tips:
I baked them at 400 degrees and they came out so well done (burnt according to Mark but not to the rest of the family) I tried them at 12-13 min. the next time and they turned out better. They tasted just as good on day 2 after being toasted in the toaster oven. I know the mayo sounds weird but they taste like a combination of rolls/baking powder biscuits. You'd never know the mayo was there. They are so fast and easy. Seriously, for me, 15-20 minutes from thought to table.
I made just 1 dozen the first time and the kids begged me to make a double batch the next time as they all wanted MORE MORE MORE!!!! Mark was a little down on them the first time grumbling that he liked baking powder biscuits better but after the 2nd & 3rd batches he started saying "they're growing on me" a complement every domestic diva dreams of hearing from her prince! Thanks babe....
3 comments:
Those sound yummy! I will have to try them, when I cook again.
Those do sound yummy...and easy!! I might just have to try them!! Thank you so much for your comments about Aysha...reading your comment made me a little teary eyed...it's good to know there are people out there that care, understand, and love us. So thank you!! It really means a lot!!
ummmmm....me? I almost always have self-rising flour. Just because one of my favorite cake recipes calls for it, though! ;)
At any rate, thanks for sharing this. I'm totally going to try them tonight!
Post a Comment