This is Carly's 6th grade valentine's box. (I can't believe how different she looks there.) The prince in the hot air balloon even talked. If you pressed his back he spouted romantic lines like "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair" and "Will you marry me?" and "I love you" and the best effect of all.... a big kissing sound! Carly thought this was pretty funny and got lots of laughs from her fellow 6th graders. Her box the year before was our best and predigital camera and I don't have a scanner so you'll just have to use your imagination. It was a spongebob box and won first place in her class competition. (we get a little competitive when there's a class competition involving valentine boxes....) We actually covered the whole thing with yellow sponges and made little arms and feet out of pipe cleaners and attached little white socks, black shoes and little white gloved hands. Honestly... I'm still proud of it. It was quite fabulous.
Rachel, the same year, in 4th grade loved Carly's idea so much she copied and we didnt' even have any rude "you're copying me" comments. She didn't have the fabulous talking prince however. We only had one of those. Last year, in 6th Grade she made this great bumblebee box which won first place in her class competition. (what did I tell you about our competitive spirit?) I couldnt' find a picture anywhere in my digital library and I KNOW we took pictures. Now I'm wondering what other pictures are missing from my library and WHERE DID THEY GO?????Hmmm... what will we do next year?????????
2 comments:
Nice save at the last minute, this is why I call you for last minute dinner ideas, thank you ideas, lesson ideas....what don't I call you for?
You are seriously so creative. Carly's balloon box is adorable, and when you think it's not even the BEST one? I mean. . .you are super crafty, my sister. In college you must have gotten an A in construction paper management!
Jake, the unsentimental would keep a Valentine's box post holiday??
Word verification: coldshne
"My spinster heart is frozen to a coldshne after Valentine's day."
second word verification: fabilena meaning a little fable.
As in: It's a fabilena that the word verification thing always works.
Post a Comment